We are looking for a Project Manager generalist to coordinate an interdisciplinary team through a variety of projects to ensure they are completed in time, scope and within budget.
Apply at https://lnkd.in/gPWMAjM
Kernel is currently looking for a candidate to fill-in the position of Project Manager (PM). Our project manager is expected to plan and oversee different projects to ensure they are completed in time, scope and within budget.
We are looking for a PM generalist to coordinate an interdisciplinary team through a variety of projects and bringing in the organisation the extra push we need. The Project Manager will be directly reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO).
The responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Planning, designing and assigning work plans across teams to ensure goals are achieved.
- Motivating the project team.
- Monitoring team progress.
- Ensuring projects are started with an identified objective/goal, which should be validated over the project lifecycle.
- Analysing and escalating risks and issues when appropriate.
- De-escalating conflicts by focusing in project outputs
- Assisting the COO to structure and plan the execution of new business initiatives and strategies.
- Supporting the COO and other partners in special projects.
- Negotiating with customers and suppliers.
- Analyzing project data and adapting strategies accordingly to the results of the analysis.
- Activity and dependencies Planning.
- Creating and maintaining team schedules
- Project budgeting
- Quality Control of the work generated by the co-workers.
- Scalability, interoperability and portability analysis.
- Responsible for regular reporting of team activities to the COO
- Promoting a good working environment.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor degree in Management, Computing, Industrial or Systems engineering.
- Proven working experience (3+ years) with international companies preferred.
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred (PMBOOK/PRINCE2).
- Experience with startups preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Word/Excel and/or Google Suite.
- Professional level of written and oral English – must be able to hold conversations and draft documents exclusively in English.
- Proven experience in financial management.
- Experience in industrial operations.
- Experience working and implementing management systems, such as ERP and CRM.
- Remote working experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- A natural team builder.
- Patience and sense of humor.
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Assertive. Not afraid to be wrong.
- Comfortable taking the lead.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Calm under pressure.
Diversity in our sector is pretty uncommon. It takes effort and there is always more work that can be done towards that goal since we are all human with our own hidden biases. We think it is worth pursuing, though. Diverse teams are more creative and build better products. They make better decisions and have more successful companies. At Kernel, we also think that hiring and fostering a diverse team is just the right thing to do.
In Kernel we promise not to go silent on you. We strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application.